Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Almost time to move on

I had a YTC (youth in transition) conference today for my oldest client. She is starting college on Monday, and soon we will be dismissing court jurisdiction. She doesn't yet realize that when we dismiss, I get dismissed too. She's ready, she can totally advocate for herself now, and she's grown so much. I keep telling myself that normal teens don't have Guardians and workers and lawyers. It is time for her to start the normal healthy rest of her life. It's really hard though. I know we do this for the kids, but 2 years is a long time to be together. I am going to miss having dinner, and all our talks. I LOVE the endless teen optimism and energy. I am dreading the next meeting where I need to point out to her that I am going to be gone from her life soon. I think this is going to be a really hard conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment