Friday, October 23, 2009

Blogging a fine line...

As a newbie social worker (student) I am very conscious of things like data privacy. Plus I totally don't want to get fired. :)

Why blog? Well, I have noticed a lack of community space to discuss the big picture issues in our "system". I also think it is important to speak out about issues as we see them. Am I doing this for work? No. For school? No. For the kids? HELL YEAH. Oh and because I am a shameless self-promoter and frustrated writer.

Plus some of the stuff we see is so bizarre, so crazy, you can't make it up. Oh, but I can't tell you about that because it might violate data privacy. hahahaha

Like I said, walk a fine line.

What can I tell you about? The seafood bisque (soup) at the hospital cafeteria is so awesome. It is the best soup in the whole world, full of creamy shrimpy fishy goodness. We don't have to go outside to get food (it's cold and wet out there). So we lurk through the steam tunnels like GAL troglodytes heading upstream towards the light and life and sustenance that is the HCMC cafeteria. I kid you not, the food there is the bomb.

I can tell you about the GAL state wide program. What happens when you take everything that you think you know about the work you do, stick it in a box, shake it and then dump it upside down? That is what the state GAL program is going through right now. Will we still have volunteers advocating for kids? YEAH. That's all we know. It may even be enough.

1 comment:

  1. HCMC cafeteria food really is awesome! yeah! And you are crazy for working full time, being in school, an internship, AND blogging!

    ReplyDelete